Why do we need 2FA?
In an online world where safety and security is paramount, the introduction of 2FA provides an extra layer of protection beyond your username and password. At XGo, we have introduced widely used authenticator apps, available from both Apple and Google. Using software-generated, time-based, one-time passcodes, this ensures your account and your data is kept safe.
What is an Authenticator App?
Authenticator applications are an added security service that allows you to enter a one-time 6-digit numeric code or alphanumeric code which remains valid for 30 seconds, in addition to your regular password. It’s much safer as it prevents criminals from logging in who might have obtained your password through a phishing scam.
The 2FA feature significantly boosts the security of your account and protects your funds from attackers because the authenticator app doesn’t rely on your SIM card or the mobile networks.
If you have a Yubikey
Here's an article with some more information for you.
You'll be directed to secure your account, if you want to withdraw funds here's what you need to do:
- Select “Settings” in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
- Select “Security”, this screen presents you with two options to complete your 2FA. One is “Enable 2FA App” (either Google Authenticator or Microsoft Authenticator), and the other is “Enable Yubikey” (if you have one).
- If you select the “Enable 2FA App” option, you'll be directed to the App Store or Google Play store. If you already have the app, you can just click “Next”.
- Once you download a 2FA app on your phone, click 'Next' – Here you can scan the QR code using your 2FA app (either Google Authenticator or Microsoft Authenticator).
- Scan the QR code with your chosen authenticator and reveal your 6-digit code on your mobile device. For example, in Google Authenticator, you can press the “+” button and the “Scan a QR code” option will appear on your device.
- Click 'Next' on the XGo Portal, enter that code, and click 'Confirm'.
Write down the back-up code and keep it somewhere safe, just in case you lose your mobile device.
You'll now receive a confirmation email. Just click the link to finalize the 2FA process.
On The Mobile App
- Select “Settings” in the upper right-hand corner of the Wallet screen.
- Select “Security”, this screen presents you with a list of security related options. From the list, select “Two-factor authentication”.
- Once you select the “Two-factor authentication” option you'll be directed to the 2FA page, select “Next”, to start the 2FA setup.
- Here you have two options: “QR” or “Copy”. When you select the option “QR” a QR code will appear that you can use with your 2FA app to authenticate (either Google Authenticator or Microsoft Authenticator).
- The second option you can use is “Copy” where you copy the Key and paste it in your Authenticator app. For example if you were to paste it in your Google Authenticator app as shown below, it will ask for “Account” and “Key”.
In the “Account” section you can place any name you prefer for your 2FA, in the “Key” section you will have to paste your copied Key.
- Once these steps are complete you will be able to fully use your Authenticator app codes on the XGo app as an extra layer of security.