What is a 2FA Application?
2FA applications are an added security service that allows you to enter a one-time passcode in addition to your regular password.
The application generates a 6-digit numeric or alphanumeric code which remains valid for 30 seconds. You will need to enter this code when logging into your Wallet application.
The 2FA feature significantly boosts the security of your account and protects your funds from attackers.
We recommend using the Google Authenticator app:
You can use a Touch ID for entering if it is activated in the Settings.
You'll be directed to secure your account at the point you want to withdraw from your account. Here's what you need to do:
- Click on the yellow 'Secure your account' button
- The next screen presents you with two options to complete your 2FA. One is via an app (either Google Authenticator or Microsoft Authenticator), and the other is via a Yubikey (if you have one)
- If you select the App option, you'll be directed via the app stores if you don't have one already
- Click 'Next' - Here you can either scan the QR code or you can just hit 'copy'
- To protect you in case you lose the device that your authenticator app is on, you should click 'show' next to 'Secure Private Key', copy the code and keep it somewhere safe
- Scan the QR code with your chosen authenticator and reveal your 6 digit code
- Click 'Next' on the platform, enter that code and click 'Confirm'
- Write down the back up code and keep it somewhere safe, just in case you lose your mobile device
- You'll now receive a confirmation email. Just click the link to finalise the 2FA process